Friday, February 16, 2018

The School Board of Marion County, Florida


This building, which houses the offices of the School Board of Marion County, Florida, also features one of Ocala's special horses.  Some of you may remember that there were about 75-100 of these horses in the Ocala area, part of a program called "Horse Fever."  I'm not sure what happened to the program but many of the horses still stand.

Notice also that I was specific about this Marion County being in Florida.  There's another Marion County in Ohio and sometimes the two get mixed up.  But not on my watch or my blog!  :)

I thought this an appropriate post considering HITS (Horses in the Sun") is in full swing until about the middle of March.  I shall be posting a few more photos of HITS in the future.

A final note:  Don't you think the School Board could come up with a better sign on the facade?  Make developing such a sign a special project of the art classes in Marion County's high schools, with the winners getting a trip to Washington, D.C.  I take that last part back.  There's way too much stupidity and way too many morons in that city.  Send them to Disney World instead!

12 comments:

William Kendall said...

The facade could use some brightening up. The horse is quite a sight!

RedPat said...

It is a rather dismal looking building! No windows? And yes a nicer sign would be good! ;-)

Lois said...

I love the horse, but why are there no windows in that building? I would not like working there at all.

Bill said...

Got to have windows or have a few murals with horses in therm. What a boring looking building.

Bill said...

I do like that horse, it's very pretty.

Kay said...

The sign is the least of the problems. The front of the building looks a little like a prison block. And the poor horse looks like one of the inmates, penned in as it is.

Gosia said...

Looks interesting

silvia de angelis said...

Un cavallo coloratissimo per rallegrare la vista
Un saluto,silvia

Marleen said...

It's a colourful and artistic horse. I think the building could do with a bit more colour too :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Looks like it's unanimous Lowell.. that building needs a facelift 😀 I know that when we have something like, for instance the dolphins I've been showing, after the event finishes I think they are then up for sale, this could be the case here with your horse, it might have been bought by the riding school.. just an idea 😀

Sharon said...

I think that is a brilliant idea. And the trip to Disney World is the best idea. Way less clowns there

Laura. M said...

Lowell. I have also answered in my blog, because I agree with you, friend. I have always wondered why the rich have such expensive caprices, that they never pay out of pocket, and they are always teaching it. The palace inside is all luxury and much waste of unnecessary money, to live well is not necessary so much.
Gracias por tus visitas.
Un abrazo

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson