Saturday, December 2, 2017

Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer


There was an arts and craft show at the Tack House at the Trilogy Resort this morning. It was open to the public and offered many wonderful items for sale which I'll show in another post.

We were on our way out when I ran into this guy, all dressed up as Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer. When I asked him what he was doing he explained he was on his way to Highway 27 (which runs right by the Trilogy Resort) where he planned to stand on the side of the road to catch people's attention and direct them to the arts and crafts show.

A dangerous task, I thought, as I thanked him and went on my way.

18 comments:

William Kendall said...

They all laughed and called Rudolph names, until he put cyanide in their hay.

RedPat said...

I hope that works!

Gosia said...

looks funny

Revrunner said...

Especially during hunting season. :-)

Bill said...

This reindeer could begin to shed its velvet dressed up like that. :)

Kay said...

Rudolph with a Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses? Only in Florida...

magiceye said...

Innovative marketing!

Petrea Burchard said...

I'm sure he was effective.

stardust said...

Dear Lowell - I don’t want to let my little grandchildren see him. You know why. I wonder if such a tough-looking man volunteered or chosen to do such “a dangerous task.”

Thank you for the prompt comment as always. The “water color” photos were made using iPhone app Waterlogue. "Water color" can be made quick and easy, though you have to be careful about the choice of the original photo.

Yoko

Marleen said...

A reindeer with sunglasses? That's new ;))

Francisco Emanuel said...

Uma fotografia bem divergida.
Um abraço e bom Domingo.
Autógrafos Futebol

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Those arty types will go to any lengths to draw in the crowds 😀

Sharon said...

That is a dangerous job but he does look up to the task.

Andy said...


He is hiding from his ex wife? (・●・)









he is hiding from his es wife?

Small City Scenes said...

not my job----thank goodness
MB

Lowcarb team member said...

Quite a dangerous job!
Great picture.

All the best Jan

Bergson said...

he's ready to hell santa claus !

Lois said...

I think he needs to figure out a way to light his nose up and that getup would be perfect. Highway 27 also runs up here to Tallahassee and passes within a half mile of my house!

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson