Sunday, December 24, 2017

FAO Schwarz Speedster


This cute little red speedster (a perfect Christmas gift, I would think, for a young man or woman) originated at FAO Schwartz, the famous New York toy store. FAO Schwarz closed in 2015, to the consternation of millions of people around the world, but it has come back with a large Internet presence and also sells its products through other stores, such as HomeGoods here in Ocala, and during this holiday season, at Bergdorf Goodman in New York City.

6 comments:

Taken For Granted said...

That is a racy toy to delight any young child and the giver of this gift. It has lines to fire the imagination.

Bill said...

For a minute, I thought you traded your golf cart for this red speedster because you didn't want life to pass you by. :) Lowell, I wish you and your family a wonderful and festive Christmas and whatever you do, have some serious fun. :)

Karl said...

Brum brum... it's a nice one !
Merry Christmas to you and yours, Lowell !

Gosia said...

looks original Merry Christmas

Sharon said...

I didn't realize FAO Schwartz had closed their stores. We never had one here so I wouldn't have noticed I guess. Anyway, I hope you have a fantastic Christmas!

William Kendall said...

I'd heard of FAO Schwartz, but would have had no idea if they'd ever had stores up here back in the day.

Some kid would have enjoyed that under the tree!

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson