Friday, November 10, 2017

A Golf Headache




For those of you who do not play golf, this may look like an easy shot. People who play golf know this is a major headache. Real golf has a rule which states you must play the ball as it lies. In this case, it lies buried in sand and under the lip of the sand trap. It's an almost impossible shot, which thus makes it a major golf headache and one good reason a golfer should always carry aspirin in his/her golf bag!

Initially, I did not intend to identify the golfer, but what the heck, he's my friend ... let's call him Walt.

16 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You see! This is why I don't play golf 😀

Shammickite said...

So did Walt manage the "impossible" shot out of the sand, or did he wrap the golf club around the nearest palm tree in frustration?

RedPat said...

Isn't there something called a Mulligan?

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Não percebo nada de golfe.
Um bom fim-de-semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

SRQ said...

Wow -- that really landed deep into the sand. Hopefully your friend successfully got out.

Taken For Granted said...

Looks like a golfer's nightmare. This is another reason I gave up this sport. The club needed here is a backhoe.

Lois said...

It does look a bit tricky! I hope he was able to recover.

William Kendall said...

Is this what drives many golfers to drink?

Sharon said...

Oh dear, enough to ruin his day!

Revrunner said...

So are you going to tell us how he played it? :-)

Bill said...

Did Walt head to the clubhouse and have a drink to think it over?

Michelle said...

I have tried golf before. Much more fun with beer.

Kay said...

I suspect the expression on Walt's face may have saved you any need to explain further.

magiceye said...

Tough luck! Best wishes to Walt!

Marleen said...

I have never played golf but this is obviously a very difficult one. Hope he succeeded!

Small City Scenes said...

That's where I would be most of the time I suppose. So if I were to like sand I'll just go to the beach
MB

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson