Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Crossroads Church Carnival




Crossroads is a relatively small Christian congregation (unaffiliated so far as I can tell) located on what is becoming a very busy thoroughfare.  The church is housed in several manufactured structures.  It seems to have a number of programs as part of its ministry and strives to serve the Spanish speaking residents on Ocala's southwest side.

Just recently, the church arranged for a carnival to set up on its relatively large lot.  I imagine it was to be a fund-raising project.  I intended to stop and take some photos but neglected to do so.

So, when I saw "they" had taken the carnival down and parked all the trucks and paraphernalia, I decided it was not too late.  Can you tell what kind of rides, etc., were offered at this carnival by what you see in these photos?

I didn't think so.  :)

15 comments:

William Kendall said...

The strawberries would be a variation on a merry go round. I'm assuming there would be a smaller scale ferris wheel in the mix.

LOLfromPasa said...

No, not sure of the rides but I am noticing that everything has been left neat and tidy before the carnival moves on to the next venue. Wish that was the case more often here!

Linda said...

So nice to see that they are well organized and take good care of things. Lovely colours in your photos.

Kate said...

Oh, how could you resist a small-town carnival?!

Lois said...

Not sure about the kind of rides, but I bet it was fun!

magiceye said...

Must have been fun! Sorry you missed!

Anonymous said...

I love your photos! Sorry you missed it but the pictures are so cool fo me!

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Excelente trabalho e belas fotografias.
Um abraço e boa Quarta-Feira.

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Always hard to imagine that rides are reduced to backs of trucks!

Janis
GDP

stardust said...

These photos reminded me of a Japanese saying “Tatsu tori ato wo nigosazu" meaning it is simply common courtesy to clean up after yourself or a bird does not foul the nest when it is about to leave. Thank you for your concern about the ongoing earthquakes in Kumamoto prefecture. Nara is far away, and all my families are not affected at all, though sometimes tremors can spread great distance. Have happy and healthy days ahead, Jacob.

Yoko

Sharon said...

Well, I'm going to guess a roller coaster but that strawberry thing has me puzzled. Probably some kind of round and round, up and down thing.

Halcyon said...

I hope it was fun!

RedPat said...

I loved those small carnivals when I was a kid!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Whatever they were I bet they were loads of fun, they do indeed clean up well after their visit.. good to see!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

No but we've had that conversation more than once as we traveled. It's funny to see fleets of carnival trucks and trailers hauling dismantled rides bopping down the freeway.

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson