Saturday, September 5, 2015

Up High in a Bucket


To be up high in a bucket is not on my "Bucket List."  I've got other things I'd rather do. 

At the back of our lot is a stand of trees.  The trees are on county property.  One day this fellow, along with another worker, drove their bucket truck on the six feet of land that separates our property from the county's property.

Then he got into the bucket and was raised up high where he proceeded to "trim" the trees.  The problem is that he didn't trim anything that needed trimming.  He might have trimmed the tree tops or he might have trimmed branches that were close to some telephone wires, but it appeared to be just random; hit or miss.

On the ground, his partner picked up his trimmings and fed them into a wood chipper. 

After about an hour, they packed up and left.  Haven't seen them since.  So far as I could tell, the trees looked exactly the same when they left as when they came.

18 comments:

Taken For Granted said...

The bucket is off my bucket list. I've been up in one of these. A friend bought a used bucket truck and we took turns going up and down. Great view from up there and sure better than a ladder for getting up high. There is no telling what arborist do when trimming trees. Interesting photos.

Sylvia K said...

Yep, sounds like some of the guys I've run into here?????? Ah, well, what do I know????

Sylvia K said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda said...

Sounds as if they wasted some time, Lowell. Great capture!

stardust said...

High up in the bucket is a no-no to me, though I like to be in a gondla. Apparently the job of this man is different from that of a gardener. Trees and grasses grow so fast that they need regular trimming at the right time.

My parching summer abruptly ended in the latter half of August much earlier than usual and I’ve enjoyed cool air to restore myself. Have healthy and happy days ahead, Lowell.

Yoko

Kay said...

Not my kind of bucket, either.
Some utility companies hire or contract with "tree trimmers," more like butchers than arborists. What they do to trees sometimes is criminal. Treebeard would whack them around if he had an opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Ah, sounds like the local authority is just using up their budget to me ;-)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Not on my bucket list either Lowell :) but if it was I'm sure I'd make a better job of it than those guys :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Hmmm. Sounds like they need a lesson on pruning teees.

Cezar and Léia said...

Sometimes I see the same scenery here. I think to do this kind of work the guy need to be patient and methodic.
Hmmm I think it's not for me!

VP said...

Maybe it would be nice for taking some photos from above...

Bob Poris said...

I guess it provided two guys with a job, so someone benefits. It certainly keeps one guy off the streets.

Small City Scenes said...

Gotta keep the boys busy ya know!

We are back from our wanderings. Had fu, saw some sights, took some pictures and came home. Always nice to come home.
MB

RedPat said...

Just putting in time! ;-))

cieldequimper said...

I like your stories. I mean, how you make a story out of seemingly ordinary things!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Actually that's good if the tree looks about the same (unless he was just taking a nap up there). Some Utility Workers around here absolutely butcher the trees -- it is sickening.

William Kendall said...

We see workers here doing the same.

Halcyon said...

Don't try to understand. It's tree art! ;-)

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson