Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Capt. Lou Schroeder

On one very nice morning recently, I hied myself to the Preserve at Spruce Creek Golf Club. The gentleman working in the pro shop told me I'd be playing with a Lou Schroeder. Lo, and behold, Lou Schroeder was standing at the counter so we exchanged introductions and went off to start our round. Mr. Schroeder suggested I put my bags on his golf cart which was parked close by. As I did so, I saw a large sign in front of his golf cart which read: Reserved for Club Champion.

Uh, oh! I knew I was in trouble. Club champion? OMG!

But, Lou turned out to be a very fine person and we had a great time on the course. I won't mention my score for it was less than impressive, but he ended the round just two over par! That is phenomenal by any standard!

Lou is known as Captain Schroeder for he has owned a marine services business in the Palm Beach area for many years and one of his services includes yacht sitting. He is now more or less retired and living in the Ocala area.

Perhaps we'll run into each other again some time. If that happens I'm gonna take notes!



21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yacht sitting? How much does that pay? I can sit & watch a yacht! Sounds like a job for me & in Florida, no less! =)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the tree shot! =)

RedPat said...

Retired from yacht sitting? It sounds like a good retirement job.

Olivier said...

c'est bien de jouer avec un champion, on apprend beaucoup. il est tres beau votre parcours de golf

hamilton said...

This could be a very advantageous meeting!

Randy said...

I love the tree shot too.

cieldequimper said...

I'll take over the yacht sitting, no problem!

Rajesh said...

That is really interesting golfing session.

Anonymous said...

You're very lucky to have played a round with the Champ!

Birdman said...

I know how you feel. Fore!

Judy said...

You can learn a lot from a pro!
If I ever need my yacht sat, I'll give him a call.

Taken For Granted said...

Despite the score, you must have had a fine round of golf. I tend to agree with Mark Twain who called golf, "...a good walk spoiled." But then you were in a cart. : )

Halcyon said...

I always enjoy meeting new people on the golf course. Glad Capt. Schroeder ended up to be a good partner. :)

EG CameraGirl said...

You must be a pretty good golfer if you got to play with him! Fess, up, Lowell!

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Schmoozing with the yacht sitting, club champion. Sheesh, you have a rough life

Jack said...

One of my greatest fears is finding a really good golfer assigned to play with me! If I had seen that sign, I would have discovered that I had an appointment elsewhere!

magiceye said...

he sure seemed pleased with being featured on your blog!! :)

when are you going yachting?!

Small City Scenes said...

And how did you do playing with a champ? MB

Stefan Jansson said...

Must have been interesting playing a round of golf with him.

Unknown said...

Jack's comment made me laugh! I think I would have done the same, if I ever played golf. :-)

Davidlind said...

Cool! I'm very happy for you. And I'm sure your playing partner enjoyed himself too.

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again." — Henri Cartier-Bresson